- Winter conditions, with snow and frost. Clear still conditions produce hoar frost and perfect sea visibility.
- Otters visible around coasts
- Mergansers, eider and goldeneye displaying.
- Deer feed on low ground.
- Bird feeders busy
- Mixed tit flocks include great spotted woodpecker, treecreeper and goldcrest
- Family groups of whooper swans use specific lochs
- Divers and sea ducks accumulate off sea walls at Mallaig
- Eagles start tumbling displays
- Red squirrels active on warmer days and mating chases ensue
- Hard weather brings occasional yellowhammer, thrushes and redpoll to feeders
- Other winter ducks on local lochs might include scaup and tufted duck
- Red deer looking for food, very visible
- Siskins flock to feeders
- Ravens, crossbill and dippers start nesting
- Black-throated and red-throated divers start to return to lochs
- First overwintering butterflies and bees emerge
- Moths nectar on hazel and willow catkins
- Frogs spawn along all the forestry ditches
- Pine marten kits born
- Brown hares box